Tuesday, September 23

Dem Shoes ...

Dwyane Wade recently posted some images of some new shoes he designed on Instagram. They aren't Nike's. They aren't Reebok. 
Hell, they aren't even Keds. 
These are from a Chinese based company called Li Ning and they are being branded as The Dexters.

There have been sneakers based off of movies like The Freddy's (Freddy Krueger) and those bad ass Marty McFly shoes. 
No shoe will ever be able to top the incrediocity, not a real word, that the “Macho Man” Randy Savage shoes have. I mean, those shoes scream “Steal me!” and “Stay away!” in the same pitch.

The thing about these Dexter shoes is that with the way folks act when new shoes are released there won't be a need to add the fake blood on 'em. Every time a new shoe is released someone is going to die or get attacked.

Over shoes.

Shoes!

Back when I was a kid the first time I ever heard of a shoe causing violence was when you'd put a quarter in your Penny Loafers and someone would take it. 
Then there were British Knights which people said were gang affiliated. And of course there were the Air Jordan's that put more people in the hospital than polio.

I doubt these will sell because they aren't a name brand. No matter how ugly a shoe is all's you have to do is slap the right logo on that sumbitch and it will sell. 
You see Kanye's shoes? 
Those are ugly as sin but people still fought over them. I'll stick with my painful ass Converse that offer absolutely no support whatsoever, thank you. I'm not gonna get my ass kicked over some shoes based off a series that died a slow and painful death.