Friday, December 12

Kobe: "We're Soft Like Charmin"

I'm not sure whether I should cheer Los Angeles Laker Kobe Bryant or say “Too little too late” after his comments towards his team during a media attended practice.

Coach Byron Scott has been keeping Bryant out of practices during this season (and it shows) but decided to let him work out this time.

“You (expletive deleted) are soft like Charmin in this (expletive deleted). (expletive deleted), is this the type of (expletive deleted) that's going on in these practices? Now I see why we've lost 20 (expletive deleted) games.

We're soft like Charmin. We're soft like (expletive deleted).” Afterward Bryant told the general manager of the team, Mitch Kupchak “I'm supposed to practice and get better, Mitch.

I'm supposed to practice and get better. These (expletive deleted) ain't doing (expletive deleted) for me.” This is a form of tough love that Bryant is using on this current roster which features a lot of young players that need a fire lit under their collective asses.

“I don't know if it helps them, but it obviously raises the intensity level. It was a tough practice for them.” Bryant is not a young man which is hard for me to say considering his is only one year older than me. But I remember vividly almost 20 years ago when he joined the team.

He was this fresh faced kid with an afro that looked like it had never touched a comb. But after so many years on the court, so many titles, and records, and after so many injuries he's nearing the end of his career. “At this stage of my career, it's tough to get out there.

My body's just not ready. My body can't do it. So we have to try to pick our spots a little bit. Hopefully the guys can carry the energy of this practice a little bit.

As often as I can get out there and do what I did today, I'm all for it.” As someone who grew up in Los Angeles I got used to the parades and even the bandwagon fans in my family.

The last few years I've seen more Clipper jerseys than I've seen in my entire life.

Hopefully the Lakers can get their act together. There are some parts of town where them Clipper colors are just not safe.